You! Are the monster.
One of the villagers is a monster, and ate an innocent victim!
You are playing Detective Codashleep and must find who the monster is!
Use your wits and intelligence (and perhaps a piece of paper) to solve
the procedurally-generated puzzles that this game has to offer!
Each problem has its own URL, so you can bookmark it or share it with friends! Let me know in the comments which ones you particularly liked!
Made in 48h for Ludum Dare 33 by panda. If you're not judging, play the newer, post-compo versions.
- There is always a monster, and never more than one monster.
- "I was the only one wearing blue in my group" means: (a) that person was at the same location as at least one other person, and (b) among the people at that location, only the speaker was wearing blue.
- People were only at a single location, including the monster.
- It is possible to see from any location to any other location. "I was at the jukebox and saw X at the kitchen" is shorthand for "I was at the jukebox and saw X entering the kitchen."
- There is currently no requirement for the monster to have been alone.
- There is always enough information to find the monster. Sometimes there isn't enough information to determine where everyone was, that's OK.
- The monster may have changed their clothes after that night. That means that everyone's statements will talk about the old color. Yes, the generator makes sure the problem is solvable even if there was a change of clothes.
Graphics: panda, with Gimp
Sound FX: panda, with sfxr.me
Special thanks to my wife for her unwavering support.
You can also play the post-compo versions.